- About one out of every seven people who receive high school diplomas each year earns that diploma by passing the GED® tests.
- Ninety percent of colleges and universities recognize the GED®. Passing the GED® tests puts a person in the upper 25th percentile in terms of class rank, and lets colleges know the person has the skills and knowledge equivalent to applicants from traditional high schools.
- More than 95 percent of employers nationwide employ GED® graduates on the same basis as high school graduates in terms of hiring, salary, and opportunity for advancement.
- Sixty-five percent of GED® test-takers plan to enter college, a university, trade or technical school, or business school during the next year.
- The average age of persons taking the GED® tests is 24.7 years old.