Allied Health Occupations
Our goals are to:
- Prepare students for rewarding allied health careers. (Allied Health careers video)
- Support the training and professional development of local health care employers and employees.
- Basic Health Care
- Are you considering a future in the rewarding and high-demand field of health care? The Basic Health Care Certificate is a great place to start your journey.
- Community Health Worker
- CHW's serve as a link between health/social services and the community to facilitate access to services and are effective at building bridges between underserved communities and the health services they need.
- CPR/First Aid/AED
- Need CPR, First Aid or AED Training? As an approved American Heart Association Training center, we provide the certification you need when and where you need it. Learn more today.
- Dental Assistant
- Dental assistant professionals provide valuable support to the success of a dental practice. At RCC, you will receive real-world, hands-on training.
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Healthcare administrative assistants are integral members of the medical office, and play a key role in patient services.
- Healthcare Informatics
- At RCC you will explore the emerging health informatics field and how the use of health data plays a critical role in enhancing the quality of care.
- Massage Therapy
- Massage therapy is one of the fastest-growing, most exciting, and most rewarding fields in health care. Learn more today.
- Medical Assistant
- A medical assistant is a health care practitioner qualified by education, experience, and examination to assist doctors in the performance of patient care, examination and documentation.
- Medical Coding Specialist
- Medical coding specialists work in hospitals, clinics and physicians' offices to obtain accurate reimbursement for healthcare claims.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- If you enjoy working closely with others and helping people, a career as an Occupational Therapist Assistant might be right for you. This is a Distance Education program in collaboration with Linn-Benton Community College.
- Peer Support Specialist
- A peer support specialist (PSS) provides support, encouragement and assistance to mental health consumers, by promoting activities that foster recovery and empowerment. A PSS has personal experience with mental health recovery, through receiving treatment either for themselves or assisting a close family member.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technicians assist pharmacists with duties that impact patient care and safety. Core responsibilities include filling prescriptions and ensuring compliance standards.
- In just one term you can earn your Phlebotomy Technician certificate and be working in the medical field as a phlebotomist. Phlebotomy is often an excellent stepping-stone to other careers in health care such as medical assisting.
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Does a career as a physical therapist assistant interest you? Rogue Community College has developed a partnership with Lane Community College to provide a Physical Therapist Assistant program for students in Jackson and Josephine counties. This program prepares students to function as competent entry-level Physical Therapist Assistants.
- Sterile Processing Technician
- Sterile processing technicians, also known as surgical technologists, work as part of an operations team in a health care organization. They play an essential role in patient safety as well as infection control.
Additional Questions Contact:
Allied Health Occupations
For more information email AlliedHealth@roguecc.edu
or phone (541) 245-7841