Allied Health Occupations
Our goals are to:
- Prepare students for rewarding allied health careers. (Allied Health careers video)
- Support the training and professional development of local health care employers and employees.
- To help you decide which health care program is right for you, check out the AHO Academic Requirements and AHO Salary & Job Outlooks Comparison Charts below.
- Still not sure which program is right for you? Attend one of our SOHOPE Information Sessions or a Healthcare Demo Day.
If you already know your program of interest, visit the program page for their mandatory Information Session schedules.
|AHO Academic Requirements||AHO Salary & Job Outlooks|
Other Health Care Programs at RCC
- Advanced Cardiac & Pediatric Life Support
- Most classes are at the Table Rock Campus in White City, but on-site classes can be arranged for your group or organization.
- Community Health Worker (SOHOPE)
- CHW's serve as a link between health/social services and the community to facilitate access to services and are effective at building bridges between underserved communities and the health services they need.
- CPR/First Aid/AED
- Need CPR, First Aid or AED Training? As an approved American Heart Association Training center, we provide the certification you need when and where you need it. Learn more today.
- Emergency Medical Services (SOHOPE)
- RCC provides realistic hands-on training which prepares you for both national certification and Oregon licensure testing, and more importantly, helps you be successful in EMS.
- Healthcare Informatics
- At RCC you will explore the emerging health informatics field and how the use of health data plays a critical role in enhancing the quality of care.
- Massage Therapy (SOHOPE)
- Massage therapy is one of the fastest-growing, most exciting, and most rewarding fields in health care. Learn more today.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- If you enjoy working closely with others and helping people, a career as an Occupational Therapist Assistant might be right for you. This is a Distance Education program in collaboration with Linn-Benton Community College.
- Paramedics (SOHOPE)
- Whether you are just starting out or are already employed in EMS or the Fire Service, RCC offers courses in a flexible schedule that will help you attain your goals in this exciting and rewarding field.
- Peer Support Specialist (SOHOPE)
- A peer support specialist (PSS) provides support, encouragement and assistance to mental health consumers, by promoting activities that foster recovery and empowerment. A PSS has personal experience with mental health recovery, through receiving treatment either for themselves or assisting a close family member.
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Does a career as a physical therapist assistant interest you? Rogue Community College has developed a partnership with Lane Community College to provide a Physical Therapist Assistant program for students in Jackson and Josephine counties. This program prepares students to function as competent entry-level Physical Therapist Assistants.
- Practical Nursing
- Licensed practical nurses (LPNs) care for the sick, injured, convalescent and disabled under the direction of a registered nurse, nurse practitioner, licensed physician, dentist, or other independent health care provider recognized by the State Board of Nursing.
- Nursing demands a high level of integrity, ethical behavior, and emotional stability.
Additional Questions Contact:
Allied Health Occupations
For more information email AlliedHealth@roguecc.edu
or phone (541) 245-7841