CNA2 Acute Care Training
The Rogue Community College
CNA2 Training Program has been
suspended and will no longer be offered.
The RCC CNA 2 course is approved by the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) and provides 60 hours of classroom and skills lab instruction and 28 hours of clinical practicum (64 hours total). This training allows students to obtain employment in an acute care, rehabilitation and long term care settings.
Classroom instruction consists of lecture, group activities, class discussions, and quizzes. The skills lab provides an opportunity for students to learn, practice, and demonstrate CNA 2 Acute Care Skills. The clinical practicum is held at either Providence Medford Medical Center, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center or Asante Three Rivers Medical Center.
Students are required to attend a 2-hour orientation session beyond the 88 class/clinical hours. Students who are not registered for a class can still attend an orientation to gather more information about CNA2, get any questions answered, or prepare for an upcoming class. Contact us for information.
Completion of Course
At the end of the training course, students will receive a recognition award and RCC will submit the necessary paperwork to the OSBN for CNA 2 certification. Once processed by the OSBN, the student's CNA 2 certification will appear on the OSBN online license verification system. The process, from graduation to online verification, takes approximately 3-4 weeks.
- Review the CNA2 General Information
- You must have a current CNA certificate from the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN).
- You must have a current through the end of clinicals American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider CPR Card. Have scanned copy of the card ready to be uploaded to your profile account on certifiedbackground.com
- Make sure you have up-to-date immunizations and scanned photocopies of these shot documents: Measles, Mumps & Rubella (MMR); Varicella (Chicken Pox); Hepatitis B; TB Skin Test; Tetanus, Diphtheria & Pertussis (Tdap); Influenza OR Declination. This documentation will need to be uploaded to your profile account on certifiedbackground.com. Resources for Immunizations
- If you are an Asante or Providence CNA and want to take CNA2, call 245-7936 for your background check and immunization verification process.
- Start your background check/profile on certifiedbackground.com. Complete this no later than two weeks prior to the first day of class.
- Fill out the RCC CNA 2 Application. Complete this no later than two weeks prior to the first day of class.
- Fill out the RCC Scholarship Application. (Optional, but encouraged.)
- Applicants will be notified by phone and e-mail upon acceptance into the class. An orientation session will follow notice of acceptance.
Application Links – Apply Here
Instructions for CNA2 background check using certifiedbackground.com
- Start your background check/profile here: www.certifiedbackground.com. In “Place Order” blank use code: RP93
- Complete this no later than two weeks prior to the first day of class.
Fees, Tuition, and other Program Costs
For further information contact Daniel Wu, Navigation Coach and Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
This project was funded $3,000,000 (100% of its total cost) from a grant awarded under the Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training Grants, as implemented by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration.
Rogue Community College is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services, alternate form and language services are available to individuals with disabilities and limited English proficiency free of cost upon request.