CNA2 Acute Care Training
Successful completers of the Rogue Community College Nursing Assistant Program (NA101) are eligible to take the CNA2 Acute Care Training for a tuition rate of only $200. Please complete the CNA2 Acute Care online application steps on this page.
The RCC CNA 2 course is approved by the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) and provides 40 hours of classroom and skills lab instruction and 24 hours of clinical practicum (64 hours total). This training allows students to obtain employment in an acute care setting.
Classroom instruction consists of lecture, group activities, class discussions, and quizzes. The skills lab provides an opportunity for students to learn, practice, and demonstrate CNA 2 Acute Care Skills. The clinical practicum is held at either Providence Medford Medical Center, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center or Asante Three Rivers Medical Center.
Students are required to attend a 2-hour orientation session beyond the 64 class/clinical hours. Students who are not registered for a class can still attend an orientation to gather more information about CNA2, get any questions answered, or prepare for an upcoming class.
Completion of Course
At the end of the training course, students will receive a recognition award and RCC will submit the necessary paperwork to the OSBN for CNA 2 certification. Once processed by the OSBN, the student's CNA 2 certification will appear on the OSBN online license verification system. The process, from graduation to online verification, takes approximately 3-4 weeks.
- Review the CNA2 General Information Page
- You must have a current CNA certificate from the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN).
- You must have an American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider CPR Card. Have scanned copy of the card ready to be uploaded to your profile account on certifiedbackground.com.
- Make sure you have up-to-date immunizations and scanned photocopies of these shot documents: Measles, Mumps & Rubella (MMR); Varicella (Chicken Pox); Hepatitis B; TB Skin Test; Tetanus, Diphtheria & Pertussis (Tdap); Influenza OR Declination. This documentation will need to be uploaded to your profile account on certifiedbackground.com.
- If you are an Asante or Providence CNA and want to take CNA2, call 245-7841 for your background check and immunization verification process.
- Start your background check/profile on certifiedbackground.com. Complete this no later than two weeks prior to the first day of class.
- Fill out the RCC CNA 2 Application. Complete this no later than two weeks prior to the first day of class.
- Fill out the RCC Scholarship Application. (Optional, but encouraged.)
- Applicants will be notified by phone and e-mail upon acceptance into the class. An orientation session will follow notice of acceptance.
Application Links – Apply Here
Instructions for CNA2 background check using certifiedbackground.com
- Start your background check/profile here: www.certifiedbackground.com. In “Place Order” blank use code: RP93
- Complete this no later than two weeks prior to the first day of class.
- CNA2 Course Application
Fees, Tuition, and other Program Costs
|Visit www.certifiedbackground.com for complete details on how to create a profile and complete background check, including urine drug screen, immunization requirement review, and CPR documentation review.||$107|
|Tuition: Which includes both a classroom module and a skills module||$1050|
|Scholarships available--Scholarship Application||Up to $250 award|
|Approved CPR course for healthcare providers||$55-$85|
|Classroom supplies: (Recommended) A one and 1/2 inch 3-ring binder, ink pen, notebook paper||$10|
|Required Clinical tools and attire:|
|Stethoscope: (make sure it's working and you can hear through it.)||$18.50-$405|
|Watch that measures seconds||$10-$50|
|Scrubs: Royal Blue||$20-$40|
|Shoes required: solid white or black with leather uppers and rubber soles||$30-$150|
For further information contact Daniel Wu, Navigation Coach and Advisor, email@example.com
This project was funded $3,000,000 (100% of its total cost) from a grant awarded under the Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training Grants, as implemented by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration.
Rogue Community College is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services, alternate form and language services are available to individuals with disabilities and limited English proficiency free of cost upon request.