High School Teachers
Benefits of being a COLLEGE NOW Teacher:
You are helping your students:
- Earn college credit while in high school. Students leave high school with an RCC transcript.
- Save money on college. COLLEGE NOW credits are free.
- Be motivated to pursue more college after high school. Dual credit students are more likely to pursue further college after high school graduation.
- Gain college preparation skills.
- You are helping your school to expand early college credit opportunities and increase rigor of high school courses.
- It looks great on your resume.
New Instructor Resources
- New Applicant Two-Step Process (handout)
- COLLEGE NOW Instructor Online Application (2017-18 Applications due Oct. 31, 2017)
- COLLEGE NOW Instructor Qualifications with links to all course descriptions and outlines
The Pathfinder Handbook for High School Staff details student registration and all policies and procedures regarding COLLEGE NOW, including grading tutorials, new course articulations, syllabus requirements, tuition waiver for prospective COLLEGE NOW classes and more.
Resources Helpful to COLLEGE NOW Teachers:
- Pathfinder Handbook for Students
- 2016-17 Registration Deadlines
- Student Registration Flyer Example
- Screenshot instructions for obtaining RCC ID#
- Screenshot instructions for registration with permission code
- AP-SOU-RCC dual credit options flyer
- Dual Credit Video (RCC-SOU) new!
- State of Oregon's Dual Credit Standards