Paramedic Application Process
- Emergency and medical experience, preferably as an EMT
- GPA & Academic Progress (specific grades and retakes are taken into consideration)
- Written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to follow directions
- Patient assessment abilities and EMT knowledge and competence
- Leadership potential
Candidates with the highest point totals are selected. Alternate candidates or tiebreakers will be chosen by the highest scores from the interview and patient assessment scenario.
- Current licensure as an Oregon EMT, AEMT, or EMT-Intermediate
- Completion of all requirements for the RCC One-Year EMT Certificate or have three or less total courses remaining for the AAS Paramedicine degree (in addition to the paramedic courses)
- Completion of three terms of Anatomy and Physiology (A & P) within the last five years OR completion of two terms of A & P, with the third course slated for completion prior to the paramedic course; students must pass all courses with a C or better
- Ability to pass a criminal background investigation and 10-panel drug screen
- Six months or more of patient care experience in an emergency setting
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Personal and professional letters of reference (Not completed by RCC staff or faculty)
- Establish an account with Castle Branch, an organization that RCC uses to review immunization records and other documents.
- Go to the Castle Branch RCC Portal
- Or, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://portal.castlebranch.com/RP28/spif/RP31/RP31im
- Follow the steps outlined on their page to set up your account.
- Complete (typed, not hand written) all required forms (available on their site and via the link below).
- Collect complete records of all required immunizations (listed on their site and via the link below).
- Upload all required documents to your Castle Branch account.
After Castle Branch has reviewed your documents and verified that they are complete, we will contact those candidates who meet the entry requirements to schedule the next steps in the process.
If you have questions about your Castle Branch account, problems uploading documents, or need information regarding records that weren't accepted, contact Castle Branch directly (email address and phone numbers are on their page).
- June 1, 2017: Last day to submit application and ALL required documentation
- Interview & Assessment process will be conducted on June 21, 26, and 30. If eligible, you will be invited to attend ONE of the scheduled dates
- July 5, 2017: All apllicants will be notified of their status by this date.
Questions? Contact Gary Heigel, Emergency Services Department Chair, at email@example.com