Wildland Fire Training courses are designed to satisfy two community needs:
- To teach basic skills to those entering the profession
- To upgrade the skills of professional firefighters
- Coursework is accredited through the Pacific Northwest Coordinating Group (PNWCG).
- RCC partners with PNWCG to accomplish delivery of courses.
- All courses are open to federal, state and local agencies, as well as industry and contractors.
- RCC is one of only two colleges in Oregon to offer the Language Skills Assessment for contract resources.
- All wildland firefighters–state, federal, and contracted–are required to take the Annual Fireline Safety Refresher course. To ensure that this training requirement is met, RCC offers the course several times each year.
- Courses are scheduled “as needed” and will be offered when interest and enrollment is sufficient.
- Most courses are offered weekdays and can be completed within a week.
- If this timeframe does not meet agency or contractor needs, RCC may be able to provide courses on a schedule that will.
- Students must begin courses at their skill level and meet course pre-requisites.
- Students must pass courses with a grade of “C” or better to receive a certificate of attendance.
- In addition to training received in the classroom, some courses require training in the field.
For more information contact:
Jeremy Petronella, Fire Science Coordinator
E -mail: firstname.lastname@example.org