Wildland Fire Training courses are designed to satisfy two community needs:
- To teach basic skills to those entering the profession
- To upgrade the skills of professional firefighters
RCC offers exceptional coursework:
- Coursework is accredited through the Pacific Northwest Coordinating Group (PNWCG) training working team.
- RCC partners with PNWCG to accomplish delivery of courses.
- All courses are open to federal, state, and local agencies as well as industry and contractors.
- RCC is one of only two colleges in Oregon to offer language Skills Assessment for contract resources.
- All wildland firefighters–state, federal, and contracted–are required to take the Annual Fireline Safety Refresher training; to ensure that requirement is met, RCC offers the course several times each year.
RCC offers flexibility:
- Courses are scheduled “as needed” and will be offered if enrollment is sufficient.
- In addition to training in a classroom, some courses require training in the field.
- Most courses are offered weekdays and can be completed within a week.
- If this timeframe does not meet agency or contractor needs, RCC may be able to provide courses on a schedule that will.
- Students must begin courses at their skill level and meet course pre-requisites.
- Students must pass courses with a grade of “C” or better to receive a certificate of attendance.
For more information contact:
Valerie Wallace, Department Secretary
E -mail email@example.com
Charles Phenix, Wildland Fire Training Coordinator