Rogue Community College Health, PE and Recreation (HPER) offers four pathways to success; three degrees that articulate with Southern Oregon University (offering a seamless transition from RCC to SOU without losing credits) and a one year pathway to an Exercise Specialist certificate.
- Our new Outdoor Adventure Leadership Transfer Degree supports outdoor and wilderness leadership careers and articulates with Southern Oregon University Bachelor's Degree in Outdoor Adventure Leadership.
- The Associate of Science (A.S.) degree in Health, Physical Education and Recreation prepares future Health and PE teachers, health promotion directors, and pre-physical therapy majors and articulates with Southern Oregon University.
- The Associates of Arts Oregon Transfer Degree in Health, Exercise Science/PE interest prepares students for a Bachelor's degree anywhere in Oregon.
- The one year Exercise Specialist certificate supports immediate employment in settings such as health clubs, recreation sites, and elder care facilities.
Associate of Science Degree Articulated with SOU
The Associate of Science degree is designed for students transferring to SOU's bachelor's degree program in health and physical education. Programs in SOU's Department of Health, Physical Education and Leadership are an integral part of the College of Arts and Sciences. Their function is to prepare students for careers in:
- Health promotion
- Fitness and management
- Physical therapy
- Outdoor adventure leadership
For those interested in gaining experience in community-based learning related to exercise and nutrition, SOU offers the opportunity to participate in a district-wide program in the Ashland school system.
HPER main office: 541-956-7259
Gym assistant: 541-956-7207