Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I share my Outlook Calendar?
- How do I open a Shared Outlook Calendar?
- Does a person have to be on campus the first time they login?
- I got an email asking for my password, is it official?
- I got an email telling me my mailbox is full, is it official?
- I got an email from the Help Desk, how do I know it's official?
- I forgot my password! Who should I call?
- How do I find the generic login for the classroom computers?
- Who can help me when my computer and/or applications are hanging up or slow?
- I need help using a RogueNet application - who do I call?
- I need permission/access to a RogueNet app.
- I already have a user account, but need access to additional drives, who do I contact?
- How do I get Remote Access?
- I need my Application Extender (AX) permissions changed, who can do this for me?
- I have a student worker who needs an account.
- Who orders/pays for toner?
- I need a quote, who should I contact?
- I'm moving to a different office / rearranging my office, what do I do?
- Do I need to send my request to Help Desk, IT-Help Desk, IT-Network Services, and individuals?
- I'm a student, how can I get help with a computer problem on campus?
- How do I get an e-mail address?
- What is my e-mail address?
- How do I access my e-mail?
- I'm a new employee, and I've been notified that my account is ready. How do I access it?
- Can I use my smart phone or tablet with RCC email?
- Can I connect to the Remote Server with my smart phone or tablet?
- Contact Information - Help Desk
- Outlook's Navigation Pane, click Calendar.
- Below the heading My Calendars, you'll see the entry Calendar, with your account name listed next to it in pale gray text. That's the entry we'll be working with in the following steps.
- Right-click Calendar. From the menu that appears, click Properties. A Calendar Properties dialog box will open.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Click Add.
- In the Add Users dialog box that opens, make sure Global Address List (GAL Staff) is selected from the Address Book drop-down list.
- In the search box, type the person's name/username then click Go.
- In the search results, select the name you want, click To (at the bottom of the dialog box), then click OK.
- In the list at the top of the Permissions tab, highlight the person (or group) you just added.
- From the Permission Level drop-down list, select the desired level of access. We recommend that you choose one of these: Free/Busy time - this is the default value. When proposing a meeting and using the Scheduling Assistant, the person with this permission can see blocks of time when you are busy, but cannot see other details, such as subject, location, participants, notes, or attachments. Free/Busy time, subject, location - when proposing a meeting and using the Scheduling Assistant, the person with this permission can see time, subject, and location of the items on your calendar, but cannot see other details, such as participants, notes, or attachments. Reviewer - the person with this permission can open your calendar and see the details of the items on your calendar, but can't add, delete, or change anything.
- Click OK.
- In the Navigation Pane click Calendar.
- On the Home tab of the ribbon, in the Manage Calendar section, click Open Calendar, then select Open Shared Calendar.
- In the small Open a Shared Calendar dialog box, click Name.
- In the Select Name dialog box, search by typing the person's NetID or name, then click Go.
- Select the desired person's name in the resulting list, then click OK to close the Select Name dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Open a Shared Calendar dialog box.
Answer: Yes, you must be plugged in to our network via the Ethernet cable (they come in many colors) the first time you log in. After that you will be able to use your credentials wirelessly and through Remote Access.
Answer: No. The Rogue Community College IT Department, including the Help Desk, will never ask for your password. If you get a message like this, do not reply, do not fill out any forms giving them your information. Forward the message to IT-Network Services to add to the filter, and delete it.
Answer: No. Rogue Community College does not currently have an email storage limit. If that changes in the future, all users will be notified. If you get a message like this, do not reply, do not fill out any forms giving them your information. Forward the message to IT-Network Services to add to the filter, and delete it.
Answer: Every message ever sent out from the Help Desk, or from anyone in the IT Department, will be from a roguecc.edu address. If you get a message from an outside address, it is spam. If you get a message with poor spelling and grammar, it is spam. If you have even the slightest question about a message, please call your local Help Desk.
Answer: IT-Network Services can reset your password for you. Be prepared to visit the admins office with proof of identity.
Answer: Instructor stations in classrooms belong to Instructional Media, any issues with those stations need to be brought to the attention of the Media department on your campus. They can be reached at:
Answer: Have you restarted? Believe it or not, restarting will fix many issues. Is anyone else in your office experiencing slowness or trouble with the same applications? It may be building or campus wide. Please use the Help Desk ticket Form to report the issue in as much detail as possible.
Answer: There is some gray area with RogueNet apps, for the most part we only install them and troubleshoot errors associated with them. In many cases the Help Desk doesn't have permissions that allow them to open department specific apps, so we don't know how to use them. Your supervisor should be able to assist you with the functions of these. If your supervisor can't help contact IT-Programming Services for further assistance.
Answer: Each RogueNet app is managed by someone in the department it is associated with. We will make every effort to keep this list current and accurate. If you find an error in the list, please let us know. Help Desk cannot grant permission/access to RogueNet apps.
Answer: IT-Network Services can do this for you, no additional forms needed. Have your supervisor email them with the drive names (all of RCC, or specific departments) not the letter of the drive (H:, Y:).
System Requirements: Windows Vista or later or Mac OS X (with Microsoft's downloadable Remote Desktop Client) and high speed internet.
Cost: A purchase order is required to OETC "Organization for Educational Technology" for your connection license:
- Item#: MS400126UCAL*
- Description: Windows Remote Desktop Services 2010 User CAL
- Price: $19.50
Visit our Forms page to find the Remote Access Request Form that includes instructions.
Answer: AX permissions are managed by Danielle Green and Robert Bigelow, please send a request to them both. While any Help Desk technician can install the program, only Danielle or Robert can adjust your permissions.
Answer: If this is a student who has never had a job on campus, please go to the forms page and complete the new user account request form. If this is a returning student worker, even if they didn't work in your department, email IT-Network Services to have their account reactivated, and any additional department drives they need added to their account. This is the current procedure, if changes occur, we will do our best to inform you of them.
Answer: Toner and ink supplies for all Staff and Faculty use printers are ordered by the IT department. Please contact your local Help Desk with the POA Equip ID (on the blue and silver sticker on the printer), and we will place the order. Please remember, we do not keep a stock of ink or toner, and it may take up to a week for the order to arrive. Please plan ahead, and order your toner before it is empty. If the printer is for Student use, the department that manages it (i.e. Lab printers belong to IT-Network Services) will need to purchase the toner. For those printers, please contact your local Help Desk with the POA Equip ID of the printer, and we will get you a quote for toner.
Answer: Please contact the Help Desk for your campus directly.
Answer: Help Desk needs to know so we can adjust the name of your computer / printer to reflect the new location. Also, if your cords / cables are not long enough to reach from your new location to the jacks in the wall you will need to procure your own that are an appropriate length.
Answer: No, please do not send emails and include all of the above groups, many of us are in most or all of these groups and it delays progress for us to have to sift through multiple emails on the same subject. If in doubt, email Help Desk and we can point you in the right direction.
Answer: The main instructional computer labs have lab aides and lab tutors dedicating to helping with computer problems in the labs. Look for them in the blue vests. If you can't find one of them, you can go to the Help Desk. (CH-14 on Redwood Campus, B-20 on Riverside Campus)
Answer: Every employee or faculty member is assigned an e-mail address. Your supervisor will fill out a User Account Request Form.
Answer: Your e-mail address is your firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not know what your username is please visit the help desk for assistance.
Answer: You can access your e-mail using Microsoft Outlook on your computer or from the internet using this website: https://outlook.office365.com. The website will open in a new window where you will log in with your e-mail address and password.
Answer: The first time you log in, you MUST be on campus, logging into a RCC computer. You will use the username and password your supervisor gave you, and then you will immediately be prompted to change your password. The new password will be your password for all services related to that account, including email and remote desktop (if authorized).
Answer: RCC uses an Exchange Server, if your device can connect to Exchange, it will work with RCC email.
- Directions to connect your Android powered device to a Staff RCC account.
- Directions to connect your iOS powered device to a Staff RCC account.
Answer: Yes you can. The same rules apply as for connecting from a PC or Mac. You must fill out the form and purchase the required license. After that, follow this guide to get an app to connect your device.
If you have any further questions or need assistance with log in problems or e-mail please contact the Help Desk at your campus.
When you contact us, please have the following information ready:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your location
- The name printed on your computer
- The exact error message (if any)
- What were you doing when the problem happened?
If you reach voicemail when you call, please leave the above information, and we will be able to assist you in solving the problem as quickly as possible.
Or submit a Trouble Ticket, and a Help Desk technician will contact you as soon as possible.
Coates Hall - 13
Building B -20
Table Rock Campus