John and Lillian Morris Foundation Scholarship
If you can answer yes to these questions, you are likely eligible to apply for the John and Lilian Morris Scholarship!
- Do you attend one of the following high schools:
- Butte Falls High School
- Crater High School
- Eagle Point High School
- Rogue River High School
- Will you be of junior or senior status at your high school in Academic Year 2016-2017? Juniors are especially encouraged to apply as there is significant high school time left to complete a college certificate by the time of high school graduation.
- Are you a first-generation student (parent never earned bachelor's degree) or a student whose family meets the application's income limits (see page 3 of the application)? Preference is given for those who meet this criteria; others considered as space allows.
- Do you desire to complete or progress towards a college certificate by the time of high school graduation?
- Do you have a sincere interest in one of the following career fields:
- Computer related fields or graphic design
- Health Care
- Early Childhood Education
- Industrial Technology (Electronics, welding, manufacturing, or other technical field)
How do I apply?
If you answered yes to the above questions, complete the John and Lillian Morris Scholarship Application (2016-17 cohort application). See also the 2016-17 John and Lillian Morris Scholarship flyer.
Your high school liaison and RCC admission coach will help you through the process outlined in the paper application, including obtaining your RCC ID# and arranging to take the placement test at your high school.
The 2016-17 Morris Scholarship Application has a deadline of April 6, 2016.
About the Scholarship
The John and Lillian Morris Scholarship aims to assist high school students earn an approved college certificate by the time of high school graduation. John and Lillian Morris Scholarship students are to utilize both free COLLEGE NOW courses available at their high school as well as traditional RCC courses which the scholarship provides funding for. Students are asked to contribute $15 per term towards program costs. The scholarship pays the remainder of costs for tuition, fees, and textbooks.
The John and Lillian Morris Foundation Scholarship application is available by January each academic year, typically with an April deadline for the following fall's admission into the program. This is a limited-entry program and is administered through the Department of Educational Partnerships at Rogue Community College.
Please contact us directly with questions at 541-245-7806 or email@example.com.
Approved John and Lillian Morris Scholarship RCC Certificates:
- Basic Health Care Certificate (with specialty tracks)
- Early Childhood Education Basic and Intermediate Career Pathways Certificate
- High Technology Studies: Plant Systems Technician Career Pathways Certificate
- Business and Information Specialist Career Pathways Certificate
- Graphic Design: Adobe Applications Technician Career Pathways Certificate
- Computer Support Technician: Computer Software Specialist Career Pathways Certificate
Turn in the application to your high school's RCC liaison or the RCC Admission Coach for your school, as listed on the application.
Students must be high school juniors and seniors at either Butte Falls, Crater, Eagle Point, or Rogue River high schools. Preference is given for those that meet income limits or first generation student status. See application for details.
Graduating High School Students
While the John and Lillian Morris Scholarship is only for current high school students, the Morris Family Foundation has other scholarships available to students after high school graduation. These scholarships are administered by the RCC Foundation. To be considered, graduating seniors should apply by the posted date at the RCC Foundation website.