What is STEM Academy?
Rogue Community College's S.T.E.M. Academy introduces local high school students to careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (S.T.E.M). Students participate in hands-on workshops at an RCC campus, industry tours, fun activities, presentations, and career planning.
Some of the S.T.E.M. fields covered will include:
- Automotive Technology
- Computer Science/Graphic Design
- Diesel Technology
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Electronics Technology
- Fire Technology
- Industrial Welding
- Science - Laboratory Technician
- Industrial Technologies
- Basic Health Care and Science
- Business and Information Systems
STEM Academy has two components:
- Launch Into STEM:
- This program serves 12 high schools in the Jackson and Josephine counties. It is designed to introduce 9th and 10th grade students to the different career options available to them in STEM fields. They are invited to attend three sessions at RCC to explore fields in: Industrial Technologies, Basic Health Care and Science and Business and Information Systems. During these sessions students are introduced to concepts about college budgeting, Career Pathways and are given tours of the campus.
- STEM Connections
- This program is designed for 11th and 12th grade students that have attended Launch Into STEM and have an interest in a specific STEM career path. Three sessions are held during the year; one for Industrial Technologies, one for Basic Health Care and one for Business and Informational Systems. They are open to 40 students each with information given about the industry, growth trends, career options, Industry leaders and counseling/navigation coaches are made available to discuss accelerated credits and dual credits.
High School Students:
If you are interested in more information or participating in the STEM Academy, please submit the form below and we will contact you for more information.
- STEM Academy Interest form (for STEM Academy sessions during the 2016-17 school year)
Teachers, Counselors and Administrators
For more information about the STEM Academy and how you can participate, please contact our STEM Coordinator or our main line at 541-245-7806.