Basic Health Care
Are you considering a future in the rewarding and high-demand field of health care? Whether you’re a high school student just getting started or a “seasoned” adult wanting to reinvent yourself, the Basic Health Care Certificate is a great place to start your journey.
Why start with Basic Health Care?
The BHC prepares students for entry-level work in the health care industry and provides a diverse range of specialty track electives which help guide students toward completion of an additional degree or certificate. No matter what you’re interested in, the Basic Health Care certificate can help get you there and provide a great return on your educational investment.
How to Apply
To become a RCC student, you must fill out an online admission application from our Get Started page.
- Complete your FAFSA (or other financial aid documents or scholarship applications)
- Schedule a placement test at www.roguecc.edu/placementtest
- If you have transcripts from another college, have your official transcripts sent to Rogue Central Services, 3345 Redwood Highway, Grants Pass, OR 97527. Once you have confirmed that your transcripts have arrived at RCC, submit a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request. Once the evaluation is complete you will be notified as to how transfer coursework may be applied to the Basic Health Care certificate requirements.
- Review the Basic Health Care Graduation Guide.
- Complete your prerequisite classes as outlined in the Program Courses page.
How much will it cost?
The program is Financial Aid eligible.
The program is 26-39 credits at $99 per credit for Oregon residents for a range of $2,574-$3861 (not including prerequisites, fees and books). Go here for more detailed tuition rate information. These costs are estimates and subject to additional costs depending on requirements of the specialty track chosen.
|College Services Fees||$140||per term|
|Technology Fees||$60||per term|
|Distance Fees||$40||per term|
For more information contact the Health Professions Education Coordinator, Christine Morris 541-245-7846, firstname.lastname@example.org