Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

Tuition and Fees

Rogue Community College has access to a series of funding options for students interested in taking this program. However, this program is NOT eligible for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Resources for potential funding are listed below the tuition breakdown.

Tuition and Fees: Total RCC Fees, DMV Fees, and Additional/Optional costs are approximately $4,422. All are subject to change without notification. (Additional training time can be purchased, if required.) Questions may be directed to 541-956-7303 or 800-460-6766. The fax number is 541-471-3549.

RCC Costs:
Application Fee $    250.00
Tuition* Starting Summer Term: $3,983.00
Total Starting Summer Term: $4,233.00

*Included in RCC cost: Drug screen, physical (DOT), and DMV Driving Skills Tester

DMV Fees (All payable to DMV):
CDL Instruction Permit-1 yr. $ 23.50
General Knowledge Test $ 10.00
Combination Vehicles Knowledge Test N/A
Air Brakes Knowledge Test $ 10.00
OR CDL Certification of Test Completion (Driving) $40.00
Commercial Driver License upgrade from C to CDL - (8 years) $ 75.00
DMV Total (approximate) $158.50
Recommended DMV Written Tests
Tank Vehicles Knowledge Test $ 10.00
Doubles/Triples Knowledge Test $ 10.00
Hazardous Materials Knowledge Test $ 10.00

Beyond the DMV Hazardous Materials Knowledge Test, to be eligible to transport hazardous materials, you will also need to take this step:

  • Visit the Transportation Security Administration website to obtain your Hazardous Materials Endorsement (HME).  This website provides quick and easy processing of your HME application and gives information on where to obtain directions to the nearest fingerprinting station. The fee for this service is $86.50.
Tuition Assistance
  • WorkSource Rogue Valley has funding available for qualified applicants, up to a maximum of $2,500, depending on various factors and steps required by WorkSource Rogue Valley. For information contact the Medford office, 119 N. Oakdale, Medford, OR 97501, at 541-776-5100 or the Grants Pass office, 1569 NE “F” Street, Grants Pass, OR 97526, at 541-476-1187
  • Qualified veterans may apply for veterans’ educational benefits. GI Bill funding is possible, and using it for this short-term CDL training will not preclude you from using the rest of your GI Bill for more education on a different topic in the future. For information call the RCC Veteran Services Department, at 541-245-7738.
  • Oregon Trucking Association (OTA) Loan. The OTA has a loan program that provides up to $3,000 for initial CDL training tuition. Can be used in conjunction with WorkSource funding. No minimum credit score required. Interest rate 10%, with $100 monthly payments starting 60 days after graduation. Apply at RCC Continuing Education office with your CDL class application.
  • A&M Transport, Pre-Class Tuition Opportunity. Company is funding one RCC tuition per class. RCC accepted student must then interview with A&M and agree to a 2-year work commitment. A&M does only OTR interstate hauling in the I-5 corridor, with the possibility of being home each weekend, and on some selected routes home 2 to 3 times a week. Do not contract A&M first, apply for this opportunity at the RCC Continuing Education office with your CDL class application.
  • Scholarship from Careers in Gear. One tuition scholarship given annually/nationally. Applications considered at end of December for following calendar year. See their website on our resources page to apply.
  • Tuition Reimbursement: Many companies in the trucking industry have tuition reimbursement programs in effect that can repay your tuition investment in addition to your earnings. Please contact companies for additional information. Usually reimbursement is after initial CDL training is completed, and not given before class starts.
  • For information on student loans through the American Student Assistance (ASA) College Planning Center, formerly TERI, visit
  • The Oregon Employment Department (OED), 119 N. Oakdale Ave., Medford, OR 97501, may provide funding if you have been displaced from your previous employment under Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA). For information call 541-776-6060, Ext. 268.
  • The Oregon Vocational Rehabilitation Division (VRD) may provide funding for an eligible individual with a disability. For information contact the Medford office, 28 West 6th St., Medford, OR 97501, at 541-776-6035 or the Grants Pass office, 725 NE 7th St., Grants Pass, OR 97526, at 541-474-3130.  800-460-6766 may also be available for qualified applicants. For information call 541-956-7131 or 1-800-460-6766.