Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

Health/Physical Education/Recreation

Person rock climbingRogue Community College Health, PE and Recreation (HPER) offers three pathways to success; three degrees that articulate with Southern Oregon University (SOU) --offering a seamless transition from RCC to SOU without losing credits.

  1. HPER's new Associate of Science (A.S.) degree in Outdoor Adventure Leadership Transfer Degree supports outdoor and wilderness leadership careers and articulates with Southern Oregon University Bachelor's Degree in Outdoor Adventure Leadership.
  2. The Associate of Science (A.S.) degree in Health, Physical Education and Recreation prepares future Health and PE teachers, health promotion directors, and pre-physical therapy majors and articulates with Southern Oregon University.
  3. The Associates of Arts Oregon Transfer Degree in Health, Exercise Science/PE interest prepares students for a Bachelor's degree anywhere in Oregon.

Associate of Science Degrees Articulated with SOU

The Associate of Science degrees are designed for students transferring to SOU's Bachelor's degree programs in Health and Physical Education and in the Outdoor Adventure Leadership (OAL).  Programs in SOU's Department of Health, Physical Education and Outdoor Adventure Leadership are integral parts of the College of Arts and Sciences. Their missions are to prepare students for careers in:

  • Health Promotion
  • Fitness and Management
  • Teaching
  • Physical Therapy
  • Outdoor Adventure Leadership

For those interested in gaining experience in community-based learning related to exercise and nutrition, SOU offers the opportunity to participate in a district-wide program in the Ashland school system.

Contact information:

Health, Physical Education and Recreation (HPER) Department Chair:
Mrs. Misner
Phone: 541-956-7206

Gym Assistant:
Jennifer Richards
Phone:  541-956-7207

HPER main office: 541-956-7259