Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

Frequently Asked Questions

Question: How do I share my Outlook Calendar?


  1. Outlook's Navigation Pane, click Calendar.
  2. Below the heading My Calendars, you'll see the entry Calendar, with your account name listed next to it in pale gray text. That's the entry we'll be working with in the following steps.
  3. Right-click Calendar. From the menu that appears, click Properties. A Calendar Properties dialog box will open.
  4. Click the Permissions tab.
  5. Click Add.
  6. In the Add Users dialog box that opens, make sure Global Address List (GAL Staff) is selected from the Address Book drop-down list.
  7. In the search box, type the person's name/username then click Go.
  8. In the search results, select the name you want, click To (at the bottom of the dialog box), then click OK.
  9. In the list at the top of the Permissions tab, highlight the person (or group) you just added.
  10. From the Permission Level drop-down list, select the desired level of access. We recommend that you choose one of these: Free/Busy time - this is the default value. When proposing a meeting and using the Scheduling Assistant, the person with this permission can see blocks of time when you are busy, but cannot see other details, such as subject, location, participants, notes, or attachments. Free/Busy time, subject, location - when proposing a meeting and using the Scheduling Assistant, the person with this permission can see time, subject, and location of the items on your calendar, but cannot see other details, such as participants, notes, or attachments. Reviewer - the person with this permission can open your calendar and see the details of the items on your calendar, but can't add, delete, or change anything.
  11. Click OK.

Question: How do I open a Shared Outlook Calendar?


  1. In the Navigation Pane click Calendar.
  2. On the Home tab of the ribbon, in the Manage Calendar section, click Open Calendar, then select Open Shared Calendar.
  3. In the small Open a Shared Calendar dialog box, click Name.
  4. In the Select Name dialog box, search by typing the person's NetID or name, then click Go.
  5. Select the desired person's name in the resulting list, then click OK to close the Select Name dialog box.
  6. Click OK to close the Open a Shared Calendar dialog box.

Question: How can I find the owner of an Email Distribution Group?


  • In Outlook (on your computer)
    1. In the Outlook Ribbon, click Address Book to open the address book.
    2. Find the group you want.
    3. Double-click on the group.
    4. The group owner will be displayed on the left.
  • In Outlook Office 365 (on the web)
    1. Click the Apps menu (the grid of nine squares)
    2. Click on the People app
    3. Select Directory on the left
    4. Find the group you want
    5. Click on the group to see information about it. On the right, click on Owner to see the owner or owners of the group.

Question: Does a person have to be on campus the first time they login?

Answer: Yes, you must be plugged in to our network via the Ethernet cable (they come in many colors) the first time you log in. After that you will be able to use your credentials wirelessly and through Remote Access.

Question: I got an email asking for my password, is it official?

Answer: No. The Rogue Community College IT Department, including the Help Desk, will never ask for your password. If you get a message like this, do not reply, do not fill out any forms giving them your information. Forward the message to IT-Network Services to add to the filter, and delete it.

Question: I got an email telling me my mailbox is full, is it official?

Answer: No. Rogue Community College does not currently have an email storage limit. If that changes in the future, all users will be notified. If you get a message like this, do not reply, do not fill out any forms giving them your information. Forward the message to IT-Network Services to add to the filter, and delete it.

Question: I got an email from the Help Desk, how do I know it's official?

Answer: Every message ever sent out from the Help Desk, or from anyone in the IT Department, will be from a address. If you get a message from an outside address, it is spam. If you get a message with poor spelling and grammar, it is spam. If you have even the slightest question about a message, please call your local Help Desk.

Question: I forgot my password! Who should I call?

Answer: IT-Network Services can reset your password for you. Be prepared to visit the admins office with proof of identity.

Question: How do I find the generic login for the classroom computers?

Answer: Instructor stations in classrooms belong to Instructional Media, any issues with those stations need to be brought to the attention of the Media department on your campus. They can be reached at:

Question: Who can help me when my computer and/or applications are hanging up or slow?

Answer: Have you restarted? Believe it or not, restarting will fix many issues. Is anyone else in your office experiencing slowness or trouble with the same applications? It may be building or campus wide. Please email and report the issue in as much detail as possible.

Question: I need help using a RogueNet application - who do I call?

Answer: There is some gray area with RogueNet apps, for the most part we only install them and troubleshoot errors associated with them. In many cases the Help Desk doesn't have permissions that allow them to open department specific apps, so we don't know how to use them. Your supervisor should be able to assist you with the functions of these. If your supervisor can't help contact IT-Programming Services for further assistance.

Question: I need permission/access to a RogueNet app.

Answer: Each RogueNet app is managed by someone in the department it is associated with. We will make every effort to keep this list current and accurate. If you find an error in the list, please let us know. Help Desk cannot grant permission/access to RogueNet apps.

Question: I already have a user account, but need access to additional drives, who do I contact?

Answer: Your supervisor should fill out the Network Resource Request form.

Question: How do I get Remote Access?


System Requirements: Windows Vista or later or Mac OS X (with Microsoft's downloadable Remote Desktop Client) and high speed internet.

Cost: A purchase order is required to OETC "Organization for Educational Technology" for your connection license:

  • Item#: MS400171UCAL*
  • Description: Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Services 2019 - license - 1 user CAL
  • Price: $19.91

Visit our Forms page to find the Remote Access Request Form that includes instructions.

Question: How do I use Remote Access?

Answer: Accessing Remote Desktop - Windows
Accessing Remote Desktop - Mac

Question: I need my Application Extender (AX) permissions changed, who can do this for me?

Answer: AX permissions are managed by Danielle Green and Robert Bigelow, please send a request to them both. While any Help Desk technician can install the program, only Danielle or Robert can adjust your permissions.

Question: I have a student worker who needs an account.

Answer: Human Resources will submit the forms to have their account created. You will be notified when the account is created.

Question: Who orders/pays for toner?

Answer: Toner and ink supplies for all Staff and Faculty use printers are ordered by the IT department. Please contact your local Help Desk with the POA Equip ID (on the blue and silver sticker on the printer), and we will place the order. Please remember, we do not keep a stock of ink or toner, and it may take up to a week for the order to arrive. Please plan ahead, and order your toner before it is empty. If the printer is for Student use, the department that manages it (i.e. Lab printers belong to IT-Network Services) will need to purchase the toner. For those printers, please contact your local Help Desk with the POA Equip ID of the printer, and we will get you a quote for toner.

Question: I need a quote, who should I contact?

Answer: Please contact the Help Desk for your campus directly.

Question: I'm moving to a different office / rearranging my office, what do I do?

Answer: Help Desk needs to know so we can adjust the name of your computer / printer to reflect the new location. Also, if your cords / cables are not long enough to reach from your new location to the jacks in the wall you will need to procure your own that are an appropriate length.

Question: Do I need to send my request to, HelpDesk, IT-HelpDesk, IT-Network Services, and individuals?

Answer: No, please do not send emails and include all of the above groups, many of us are in most or all of these groups and it delays progress for us to have to sift through multiple emails on the same subject. If in doubt, email and we can point you in the right direction.

Question: I'm a student, how can I get help with a computer problem on campus?

Answer: The main instructional computer labs have lab aides and lab tutors dedicating to helping with computer problems in the labs. Look for them in the blue vests. If you can't find one of them, you can go to the Help Desk. (CH-13 on Redwood Campus, B-20 on Riverside Campus)

Question: How do I get an e-mail address?

Answer: Every employee or faculty member is assigned an e-mail address. HR will fill out a User Form.

Question: What is my e-mail address?

Answer: Your e-mail address is your If you do not know what your username is please visit the help desk for assistance.

Question: How do I access my e-mail?

Answer: You can access your e-mail using Microsoft Outlook on your computer or from the internet using this website: The website will open in a new window where you will log in with your e-mail address and password.

Question: I'm a new employee, and I've been notified that my account is ready. How do I access it?

Answer: The first time you log in, you MUST be on campus, logging into a RCC computer. You will use the username and password your supervisor gave you, and then you will immediately be prompted to change your password. The new password will be your password for all services related to that account, including email and remote desktop (if authorized).

Question: Can I use my smart phone or tablet with RCC email?

Answer: RCC uses Microsoft Office 365; if your device can connect to Office 365, it will work with RCC email.

Question: Can I connect to the Remote Server with my smartphone or tablet?

Answer: Yes you can. The same rules apply as for connecting from a PC or Mac. You must fill out the form and purchase the required license. After that, download the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, and connect to

Contacts (Help Desk):

If you have any further questions or need assistance with log in problems or e-mail please contact the Help Desk at your campus.

When you contact us, please have the following information ready:

  • Your name
  • Your email address
  • Your phone number
  • Your location
  • The name printed on your computer
  • The exact error message (if any)
  • What were you doing when the problem happened?

If you reach voicemail when you call, please leave the above information, and we will be able to assist you in solving the problem as quickly as possible.

Or email and a Help Desk technician will contact you as soon as possible.

Redwood Campus
Coates Hall - 13

Riverside Campus
Building B -20

Table Rock Campus
Room 134